List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    license question
From:       "Huxley, Ian" <Ian.Huxley () compass-group ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-10-28 8:33:51

Vaguely off topic....   does the 3 letter system id (eg WAS)
play any part in forming the license key ?

eg would the licence key returned from the Linux WAS 6.10
     licence web site  also work for the Windows MiniWAS 6.10
     (system id WA1) ?  I know from experience the licence key
     returned from  ww.sap.com/minisap  is completely useless
     for MiniWAS....

(yes, I know about the bug in 6.10 transaction SLICENSE and have
 been trying to apply license by running saplicense.exe  from the
 command line instead...)

Thanks
Ian