List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    Antwort: Re: Dialog instance installation
From:       "Dietmar Stein" <DStein () phoenixcontact ! com>
Date:       2002-06-24 6:12:19

Hi

I solved my needs on Friday. Now I have got two dialog instances running,
which are load balanced. We are using SAP R/3 4.6C SR2 and Oracle 8i
database on Linux (SuSE SLES7).

Next step would be to disallow any connections to the central instance so
that users could connect to dialog instances only.

Thanks, Dietmar

                                                                                      \

                      Huseyin Bilgen                                                  \

                      <huseyin.bilgen@basiscons         An:      Dietmar Stein \
                <DStein@phoenixcontact.com>
                      ultant.com>                       Kopie:   \
                linux.general@listserv.sap.com                                        \

                                                        Thema:   Re: Dialog instance \
                installation
                      21/06/02 15:37                                                  \

                      Bitte antworten an                                              \

                      huseyin.bilgen                                                  \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

Hi Dietmar,
First of all, please provide us information about your platform choice.
OS/DB?
You must consider that, on each Dialog instance, Database ( doesn't
matter which one you select ) Client software must be installed, so that
Diaglog instance can be seen via R3trans.
for your second question,
You are already installed message server when you installed central
instance.
There is two options for load balancing:
1. let the message server routes users to dialog instances or central
instance according to load on each server. message server will select
the instance with less load.
2. create user groups via SMLG and assign them to specific instances.by
this way you can also assign a backup instance for user group so that
users can logon via backup instance when their primary instance is down.

i hope i helped you.
For more questions you can have a look at my site:
http://www.basisconsultant.com

Regards
Huseyin Bilgen
Certified SAP Basis Consultant