List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    Re: SAP on Linux/390
From:       Norm Soley <nsoley () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2002-06-12 19:59:40

At 09:04 AM 12/06/2002 -0600, Turley, Doug D wrote:
>Is anybody running R/3 on Linux/0S390.  I'm getting conflicting info on
>availability.  We would like to put up a 46C app server on a virtual Linux
>partition and connect to our HP/Oracle based R/3 System.

You cannot do this at present and for the foreseeable future, the only
database
supported with the Linux on zSeries ( S/390) application server is DB2 (V6.1
or V7.1) running on MVS or zOS (the exact config varies depending on if your
talking about 4.6D or 6.10).

>  We need to know what versions of Linux we could run and so forth.

The application server requires:
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7 for 64-bit IBM eServer zSeries

but as I said, won't work with your database server, also please note
that it requires a "true" zSeries machine (i.e. a z900 or z800) it won't
run on the older 31 bit iron.