List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    WAS Demo on Linux DB2 license issues
From:       "Tony De Thomasis" <tonyd () tdt ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-06-11 12:13:40

Hello

I successfully installed WAS6.10 for DB2 some months back.
My license expired, and I successfully applied the new license
using rpm -Uhv saplicense-db2-SI1-6.10-20020908.noarch.rpm.

When I try to start up the system I get the following in the startdb.log

starting database manager
SQL8008N  The product "DB2 Enterprise Edition" does not have a valid
license key installed and the evaluation period has expired.
Functions specific to this product are not enabled.
SQL8000N  DB2START processing failed; a valid product license was
not found. Database Manager already running
SQL1032N  No start database manager command was issued.  SQLSTATE=57019
Activate database failed

Do I need to get the DB2 licence renewed as well as the SAP license ?

Thanks for your advice, Tony.