List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    RE: -ITS on linux
From:       Markus_Döhr <doehrm () aubi ! de>
Date:       2001-06-22 9:58:55

mailusr.wdf.sap-ag.de id LAA03179
Sender: owner-linux-general@sap-ag.de

> -ITS-AGate is ONLY available for NT ??? Any plans to change this ?

Good question!

As far as I know porting is 'in process' (as also stated in
http://service.sap.com/platforms) but no release date yet. We had some
consultants here that saw the Linux version but they told us, it's just
too
unstable to use yet.

We're also stuck with NT and I'm not very happy having an NT machine
connected to the internet. The good choice is, you can use Apache, you
don't
have to use IIS (in which were detected 4 (!) vulnerabilities that lead
SYSTEM rights in the last three months...)

--
Markus Doehr            AUBI Baubeschläge GmbH
SAP R/3 Basis           Zum Grafenwald