List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    Antwort: Profile/Memory Setup after SAP Installation
From:       lima.stefan () schwenk ! de
Date:       2001-06-20 7:52:35

Hi Thomas,

you should read the FAQs on www.sap.com/linux.

 The system says that the roll area is too small...

      The next tip, I have some weak hardware. How can I
      optimize my system for heavy load, also applies to this
      issue.
 I have some weak hardware. How can I optimize my system for
 heavy load?

      You can add the following parameters to your system
      profile, located in
      /usr/sap/LNX/SYS/profile/LNX_DVEBMGS17_<hostname>

      ztta/roll_first = 1
      em/initial_size_MB = 128

      and restart your SAP system with the stopsap* and
      startsap* scripts located in the lnxadm home directory
      /usr/sap/LNX/adm. Note that you have to be logged in as
      lnxadm.

Stefan

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          "Mueller,     |
|        |          Thomas"       |
|        |          <thomas.muelle|
|        |          r@sap.com>    |
|        |                        |
|        |          20.06.2001    |
|        |          07:36         |
|        |          Bitte         |
|        |          antworten an  |
|        |          linux-general |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  |       An:     "'linux-general@sap.com'" <linux-general@sap.com>            |
  |       Kopie:  (Blindkopie: Stefan Lima/Ulm/UB02/ESchwenk01/DE)             |
  |       Thema:  Profile/Memory Setup after SAP Installation                  |

Hi guys,
after i installed the SAP 46b evaluation system on Linux and doing the
postinstallation processing, i'm fighting with the memory setup of the SAP
profile.
After logging in as user 'developer' and opening a second session (SE80) i
want to create a new development class. The SAP system quits this action
with
     A: Roll area to small. and exists.

Where can i find hints/advices how to setup the memory correctly??
What is the difference between the different SAP profiles (startup,
instance...) and in which case does it make sense to change them?

Thanks

Thomas.