List:       myfaces-user
Subject:    RE: [TRINIDAD] Family and component type for
From:       Carsten Pieper <carsten.pieper () continentale ! de>
Date:       2009-11-25 14:00:52

If anyone is interested, here's the solution to the problem.

I did exactly what Harald advised (writing our own TableRenderer whose inner
private class
NavBar extends MySelectRangeChoiceRenderer).

But as TableRenderer is an abstract class I also had to write our own
version of the
DesktopTableRenderer which now extends our TableRenderer. In our
CoreRenderKit's
constructor the only thing I had to add is this

    addRenderer("org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.Table",
        "org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.Table", new DesktopTableRenderer());

Note that there's no need to add a renderer for our
SelectRangeChoiceRenderer (i.e.
MySelectRangeChoiceRenderer). The reason for this most probably is, that
it's not a
real component but more of a sub-component of the table...

Cheers, Carsten