List:       myfaces-user
Subject:    Re: MyFaces 1.2 Support for WebSphere
From:       "Scott O'Bryan" <darkarena () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-30 14:53:20

Yeah, there has been a large insurgence of people, lately, who are trying to
get JSF 1.2 to work on a container that does not meet the prerequisites
outlined in the spec.  According to JSF 1.2 spec, you need J2EE 5, plain and
simple.  Facelets is the only way to bypass this prerequisite because it is
able to bypass the required JSP engine and serve the EL library needed by
JSF1.2..

Please please read these pre-req's and, if you need JSF 1.2, ask IBM for an
update to the J2EE spec supported by WebSphere.

Scott

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Sidhik, Rosmon <Rosmon.Sidhik@aig.com>
wrote:

> Myfaces 1.2 is not supported on websphere 6.0!
>
> Unless you are planning to use facelets.

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

Yeah, there has been a large insurgence of people, lately, who are trying to get JSF \
1.2 to work on a container that does not meet the prerequisites outlined in the \
spec.&nbsp; According to JSF 1.2 spec, you need J2EE 5, plain and simple.&nbsp; \
Facelets is the only way to bypass this prerequisite because it is able to bypass the \
required JSP engine and serve the EL library needed by JSF1.2..<br> <br>Please please \
read these pre-req&#39;s and, if you need JSF 1.2, ask IBM for an update to the J2EE \
29, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Sidhik, Rosmon &lt;<a \
href="mailto:Rosmon.Sidhik@aig.com">Rosmon.Sidhik@aig.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br> \
margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">Myfaces 1.2 is not supported on \
websphere 6.0!<br> <br>
Unless you are planning to use facelets.<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>