List:       myfaces-user
Subject:    AW: Myfaces + Websphere 6.1 > How to fetch ResponseStateManager?
From:       "Christian Koelle" <koellemcchrisi () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-05-29 12:08:33

> I will see my starting page but the it does
> not work properly as the extensionResource-Servlet is not running. A
> request to
> http://<myMachine>:9080/<mycontextRoot>/faces/extensionResource comes up
> with an 404  contrary to jetty an tomcat. As a consequence my JSCook-Menu is
> not loaded at all.

I just run a test with the myfaces-example-simple:
a.) I extracted commons-logging and repacked it (according to the wiki-description \
for WAS 6.1)  b.) I deployed it via the administration console of the WAS,
c.) I set the classloader according to the wiki-description
d.) I started the deployed application.

Behavior: The application seems to work fine, except for the fact that the extension \
filter does not seem to be  started, i. e. as a consequence the default styles for \
the TabbedPanel are not found, the JSCook-menu is not displayed at all.

I have just checked JIRA. I cannot find an entry for this issue. The question is, \
whether it is regarded as  Myfaces issue or whether it is regarded as a WAS problem? \
I am not sure. Please advice.

I have to fix this in my application. Right now, I will hardcode the reference to the \
missing resources. I am not sure how this will end. Any suggestions?

FYI: The following console output is done during startup:
x.x.MyfacesConfig getCurrentInstance Starting up Tomahawk on the \
RI-JSF-Implementation. x.x.MyfacesConfig getCurrentInstance Starting up Tomahawk on \
the MyFaces-JSF-Implementation x.x.MyfacesConfig getCurrentInstance Both MyFaces and \
the RI are on your classpath. Please make sure to use only one of the two \
JSF-implementations. From now on I regard those statements as unproblematic.

RAD: 7.0.0.6
WAS: 6.1.0.0.15 (Updated)
Tomahawk: 1.1.6
MyFaces: 1.1.5

Regards
Christian Kölle

--
Super-Aktion nur in der GMX Spieleflat: 10 Tage für 1 Euro.
Über 180 Spiele downloaden: http://flat.games.gmx.de