List:       myfaces-user
Subject:    Re: SplitPane not working
From:       Werner Punz <werpu () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-02-02 16:52:43

jaguar schrieb:
>  i am  working on sandbox components. i am useing these libraries
>
> myfaces-api-1.1.4.jar,tomahawk-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar,tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
> iam getting  exception
> javax.faces.FacesException: javax.servlet.ServletException
> 	at
> com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java:351)
> 	at
> com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:152)
> 	at
> oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:157)
> 	at
> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:107)
> 	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:245)
> 	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:137)
> 	at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:138)
> 	at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0)
> ].server.http.ResourceFilterChain.doFilter(ResourceFilterChain.java:64)
> 	at
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:100)
> 	at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0)
> ].server.http.EvermindFilterChain.doFilter(EvermindFilterChain.java:15)
> 	at
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:147)
> 	at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0)
> ].server.http.EvermindFilterChain.doFilter(EvermindFilterChain.java:17)
> 	at
> oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl._invokeDoFilter(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:231)
> 	at
> oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:200)
> 	at
> oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl.doFilter(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:122)
> 	at
> oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilter.doFilter(AdfFacesFilter.java:106)
> 	at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0)
> ].server.http.EvermindFilterChain.doFilter(EvermindFilterChain.java:17)
> 	at
> oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.doFilter(ADFBindingFilter.java:162)
>
> this is my code.............
> <h:panelGroup style="width: 100%; height: 100%;">
>
>               <t:dojoInitializer require="dojo.widget.SplitContainer" />
>              <t:dojoInitializer require="dojo.widget.ContentPane" />
> 		<s:layoutingSplitPane id="split" activeSizing="0"
> 			style="width: 400px; height: 400px; background: #eeeeee; padding: 10px;"
> sizerWidth="2">
> 			<s:layoutingContentPane id="left" sizeShare="10">
> 			   <h:outputFormat value="content1"></h:outputFormat>
> 			  <h:outputFormat value="content2"></h:outputFormat>
> 			</s:layoutingContentPane>
> [...]
Ok I am guessing here, since I only have vague details about your
configuration.
Let me do a guess here
You use an oracle webapp container? Right?
You basically started off with ADF, right?
You then dropped Tomahawk into the mix, right and then the sandbox, right?
Sorry for being exact about it, the configuration
and the used libs can do a lot of harm.
Also try to move all your myfaces jars on the same version level.

I am doing a guess now since I need more details,
all the stuff you mention here and in the other threads,
should definitely work and does (except for some bugs):

Ok we are getting close to what happens here:
Some other JSF implementation cross interferes
with the myfaces libs in you rdir,
you basically have two jsf implementations mixed in your
app server. Both implementing core libs.

The myfaces api basically provides part of a jsf implementation
but only parts of it, the tomahawk and tomahawk sandbox are ok,
(but if you run on the ri dont expect all of the sandbox components to work)

So something must come from the RI as well, all I can say is mixing the
Sandbox into the RI is inherently problematic, because those components
are not yet tested against the RI (only the core Tomahawk are)

The other thing is, that probably you also have some Tomahawk
configuration problems, did you add the needed servlet filters which
Tomahawk utilizes for resource loading ?

And then check if you mix and match the RI with myfaces,

it is either
Sun jars + everything tomahawk related + the correct configuration
settings in the web.xml
or
Myfaces only
which is:
myfaces-api
myfaces-impl
+ all the tomahawk jars
+dependencies

but never every, mix the sun + myfaces jars.

Another thing could be that your app server provides the jsf
implementation bottom up, which means the jsf jars already are located
within your library dir of your app server and have higher priority than
the ones of the application.

Since I only know vague details about your exact configuration,
following, get the sandbox examples war,

from

http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/nightly/

and drop it into a plain tomcat, it should work there
drop it into your app server and check if it works,
if it does in the first case and second case, check your configuration
for errors, especially the web.xml

if it works in the first case and not the second case, then something
probably interfers bottom up.

Also, upon looking at your code, you do not need the dojo intializer if
you use the sandbox components, but it does not interfere, there is a
filter within it which prevents double declarations.