List:       myfaces-user
Subject:    Re: Ajax4JSF vs Sandbox PPR
From:       Werner Punz <werpu () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-01-16 11:34:13

Pankaj Gupta schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> We will be adding ajax to our existing JSF application that uses
> myfaces, tomahawk and facelets. The ajax4jsf framework looks very
> appealing since we can use it to ajaxify our existing components without
> a lot of code refactoring. And it seems to work fine with myfaces and
> facelets.
>
> But the PPR functionality in sandbox also looks very similar to A4J, at
> least on the surface. Since its part of the myfaces project, it might be
> a better fit for us. But apart from the online demo at the Irian site
> and some old mail threads there is very little documentation on this
> feature. It will be very useful if someone could summarize the uage of
> this feature and how it comapres with A4J. A few lines on the relative
> merits and demerits of the two frameworks and when to use one vs the
> other will really help us make an informed decision.

I am not sure about the current status of the sandbox ppr, it had severe
limitations when I touched it last time (no javascript rendering was
possible thus making half of the components non working)
You should give the trinidad ppr also a second look, to my knowledge
it is more stable than the sandbox ppr and also does not choke on
javascripts.

Werner