List:       myfaces-user
Subject:    x:inputDate value not submitted.
From:       "mfaine" <mfaine () knology ! net>
Date:       2005-06-29 15:45:42

I have an x:inputDate on my form (request scope) the form is submitted back
to the same page and a different dataTable is rendered depending on a
boolean flag.  The page basically serves as input and verification for form
fields.

When the page refreshes all the fields display for verification just as they
should but when I attempt to process the next action (save the fields into
the database) I get taken back to the entry fields and I'm given a
validation error message on the x:inputDate field.  The logs show this warning:

10:34:43,750  WARN HtmlRendererUtils:88 - There should always be a submitted
value for an input if it is rendered, its form is submitted, and it is not
disabled or read-only

It looks like to me it is true that my date field "effectiveDate" may not be
in the parameter map because it gets changed to three different form fields?

Could this be the problem and if so, does anyone have any suggestions on how
to fix this?

Should I post this as a bug?

Thanks,
-Mark