List:       myfaces-user
Subject:    Re: java studio creator and myfaces
From:       Jonas Jacobi <jonas.jacobi () oracle ! com>
Date:       2005-05-31 23:45:13

Hi Lorenzo,

There have been discussion on standardizing some of the design time
support for components. Last year at JavaOne there were one presentation
<http://javaoneonline.mentorware.net/servlet/mware.servlets.StudentServlet?mt=11175828 \
62772&mwaction=showDescr&class_id=28015&fromtopic=By%20Topic&subsysid=2000&topic=technical&avail_frames=true> \
 (TS-1103) raising this issue followed by a proposal posted on JSFCentral
<http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/oracle_metadata_proposal.html>.
These discussion did not, at that point, take in account that some tools
vendor would go off on their own creating proprietary extensions that
component providers have to comply with in order to get some level of
support in the IDE.

I wrote an article on the same topic for FTPOnline (JavaPro)
<http://www.ftponline.com/channels/java/2005_05/jjacobi_05_25_05/> that
talks about the issues and what is going on to address this.

Thanks,
Jonas

Lorenzo Sicilia wrote:

> Lorenzo Sicilia wrote:
>
> > Werner Punz wrote:
> >
> > > Blame it to the missing standadization on how the components deliver
> > > the information which is needed to render them in RAD tools.
> >

> > It's a true problem.
> >
> > > (There is a standardization underway however)
> >

> > in jsf 1.2?
>

> I found the answer here;
> http://java.sun.com/developer/community/chat/JavaLive/2004/jl1207.html
>
> regards Lorenzo

*Jonas Jacobi
*Principal Product Manager - JSF & ADF Faces
Oracle JDeveloper
Oracle, Redwood Shores, CA
*Blog*: http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi
*Site*: http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/jsf.html