List:       myfaces-user
Subject:    Re: Tabbed pane - retaining focus
From:       Matthias Jung <matthias.jung () prismtech ! com>
Date:       2005-04-29 15:33:11

The object passed to the setter should be an instance of
class org.apache.myfaces.custom.tabbedpane.HtmlPanelTabbedPane.

You can check this with:

public void setTabbedPaneBinding(Object binding) {
    System.out.println(binding.getClass().toString());
}

The binding we use looks like:

    <x:panelTabbedPane styleClass="tabbedPane "
                       activeTabStyleClass="activeTab"
                       inactiveTabStyleClass="inactiveTab"
                       disabledTabStyleClass="disabledTab"
                       tabContentStyleClass="tabContent"
                       binding="#{ManagedBean.tabbedPaneBinding}">

The Faces-config snippet is:

    <managed-bean>
        <managed-bean-name>ManagedBean</managed-bean-name>
        <managed-bean-class>a.b.c.ManagedBean</managed-bean-class>
        <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
    </managed-bean>

It is important to have the bean in session scope.
See my last posting for the class example.

We are using MyFaces v1.0.8 on Tomcat 5.5.7.
I hope this helps.

Regards
    Matthias

Matthias Jung
PrismTech (Germany) GmbH
Schoenhauser Allee 6-7, D-10119 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49-30-440306-38
Fax  : +49-30-440306-78

matthias.jung@prismtech.com
http://www.xtradyne.com | http://www.prismtech.com

* XTRADYNE Security Infrastructure - a PRISMTECH Product Line *