List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: tunnelling, migrating from 1.2.x to 1.3.x
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2001-07-05 12:29:46

Brendan Cully [brendan@kublai.com] wrote:
> imap_preconnect is now just preconnect, since POP can use it
> too. Tunnel does a somewhat different job - the documentation has
> details.

Damn!  Walked right by it 3 times in the muttrc man page.  Thanks...
That did it.  =)

> > How do I go about doing this in 1.3.x now?  It seems like the
> > "tunnel" command can't really be folder-hooked because I
> > can't specify between hosts or anything.  Is there any way
> > to do what I'm wanting to do with 1.3.x?
>
> Why do you say that? There's no reason you can't do a folder-hook that
> matches on the host. I used to do this myself, but the next version of
> mutt will have something called account-hook, which works a bit better
> since it is invoked whenever you access your account (eg in the folder
> browser as well), not just before you open a folder.

What I meant was that doing a folder hook on a connect script would, I
would think, not work very well.  Wouldn't it try to ssh in over and
over every time you switch folders?

Glad to hear about account-hook, though, sounds like that's exactly
what I need.

Since I'm new to the list, just thought I'd give my thumbs up.  I
finally went through the work to migrate to mutt, and not a week goes
by that I don't find something new and cool to do with it, and go,
"MAN, mutt rocks!".  Keep up the good work guys...  =)

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger@befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/