List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Word Wrap
From:       "Mr. Wade" <mr.wade () mostproper ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 11:08:07

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Mr. Wade [mutt-users] <29/05/01 23:32 -0400>:
> > I use vim also.  Mine will do the word wrap, as you describe, but
> > the adding of new quote marks... how do you accomplish that?
>
>  If there's a single quotemark at the start of a long line and
>  you wrap it, the entire paragraph is wrapped.

Ah, I see.  Thanks very much.  After a bit of "RTFM"-ing I
dicovered I had been using the default vim formatoptions of
"tcq", which doesn't behave in the way described.  Adding an "r",
i.e.  "set fo=tcrq" solved the problem.  That's much more
conveninent than what I had before!

--
Linux: The Choice of the GNU Generation