List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: NNTP capable .rpm?
From:       Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+mutt () acadia ! ne ! mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-05-29 17:31:10

On 05/29/01 12:48 PM, Matej Cepl sat at the puter and typed:'
> Hi,
>
> just a question: I would like to have NNTP capable mutt (so that, I
> would have both news and mail under one hood), but I really do not want
> to spend hours on messing with patches etc. (I am sorry, I am not
> computer professional, so that everything takes me many more hours than
> to you). Would anybody have mutt with NNTP patches as a rpm package and
> if so, would he be so kind and send it to me (or tell, where it is
> available over Internet), please?

If you are using RH 6.2, Mandrake 7.1, or something compatable (RPM-wise),
you are welcome to try these:

http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net/mutt/

I built 1.2.5 and 1.3.18 with the distribution and all of the vvv
patches on both OSs.  I have made no mods to any of the source, and so I
can take no responsibility for any problems you have with this code.

Unfortunately, if you are not using RH or Mandrake, I cannot help with
an OS specific build.

As for help with mutt once you get this installed, your
/usr/doc/mutt-<version>/ directory is the best place to start.  These
RPMS will install the updated version of the Mutt manual in html
format.  Failing that, this mail list is your best bet.

HTH

Lou

--
Louis LeBlanc