List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Cannot send mail...to Mutt list
From:       Rich Lafferty <rich () alcor ! concordia ! ca>
Date:       2001-04-01 18:04:13

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 12:17:38PM +0000, Subba Rao (subba9@home.com) wrote:
> I don't know if others are experiencing this, but I am having problem sending
> out mail to the Mutt user list. The address I am using is,
>
> 	mutt-users@mutt.org
>
> The server that is trying to access 'ident' is from gbnet.net
>
> I am trying run as few services as possible on this system.
>
> If there is no other way to send email without the 'ident' response to
> 'mutt-users', please let me know so I can unsubscribe.

You posted, right?

If you don't want people connecting to your ident daemon, then don't
run it, and then they won't connect.

If you think that someone trying to connect to a service you don't
offer poses some risk, then you have a grave misunderstanding of how
things work.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services