List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: bounce-message command ignores sendmail -f <address>
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       2001-03-18 14:27:20

He said he had 1.2.5, as did his User-Agent header. :)

>  set the sender (and procmail to filter mail into different folders where
>  I use different aliases).  The alternates / reverse_name doesn't seem to
>  work too well with folder hooks.

How are you setting the sender from folder hooks that isn't working?  You
shouldn't need to set it with folder hooks using alternates / reverse_name.
However, reverse_name only works for mail actually addressed to one of the
addresses in your alternates... if it's coming to you via a mailing list,
for example, you'll have to set it yourself.  I set $from with folder-hooks
for this purpose.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/