List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: bounce-message command ignores sendmail -f <address>
From:       furio ercolessi <furio+mu () spin ! it>
Date:       2001-03-17 19:23:44

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 09:36:31PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

Nice to see you again!

> Using a large mallet, furio ercolessi whacked out:
>
> > 	set sendmail='/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi -f user@domain'
> > to change my envelope FROM, and it works fine when I send,
> > command.  In that case, the outgoing message retains my "native"
> > envelope FROM, containing my Unix username.   Evidently, mutt does not
> > use the "sendmail" variable defined above in this case.
> > Is there any way to change this behavior? I am on 1.2.5.
>
>  This is a feature rather than a bug in mutt.  I suggest using
>
>  MASQUERADE_AS(`spin.it')
>  FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')

Our 'sendmail' is really the sendmail-like interface of postfix.
Anyway, we use a similar setup for masquerading the domain part.
It is not the domain part but the username part that I would
like to change.  That is: if I receive mail on an alias, I would
like to bounce mail so that it appears to come from the same alias
(at least sometimes).

Why is that a feature?

furio ercolessi
Spin