List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Macro to edit procmailrc?
From:       Marco Fioretti <marco.fioretti () tei ! ericsson ! se>
Date:       2001-03-14 9:32:54

Andre Bonhote wrote:

> hi out there
>
> i am using mutt 1.2.5i together with fetchmail and procmail.
>
> is there a way to kinda automatically add an entry to my procmailrc from
> within mutt? someting like this:

Andre,

if what you want is just to send the (previously unfiltered)
spam to /dev/null, there is no need to interact with procmail.

The right solution is to tell from mutt that, from now on,
messages with that (sender, header...) must be
destroyed ON THE POP3 server before ever downloading them.
This also cuts on phone bills, if any.

Look on http://web.tiscalinet.it/marco_web/popfilter.html

The scripts and methods there may even be extended to do
what you say. Let us know if you modify them.

	Ciao,
		Marco Fioretti