List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: mutt reading a maildir (qmail ~/Maildir)
From:       Marcelo Martinelli <mmartinelli () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-01-29 13:06:47

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 03:39:00PM -0500, Jeffrey A Schoolcraft wrote:
> I'm trying to test my qmail install and I've set it up to deliver mail to
> ~/Maildir/ and I'd like to use mutt to read this, how can I do that?
>
> I'm looking through the muttrc files on the site and I see stuff like:
> set mbox_style=Maildir
> set folder=~/Maildir
> but then what?

don't forget to supply the trailing "/". so the folder line should
look like this:
set folder=~/Maildir/

> Jeffrey Schoolcraft

also, did you create the Maildir directory with the maildirmake
command? if you didn't none of this will work. the command is located
at the /var/qmail/bin/ directory if you installed qmail at the
/var/. you should do something like:

$ /var/qmail/bin/maildirmake ~/Maildir/

it should work after this.

marcelo martinelli.