List:       mutt-users
Subject:    cannot send to mail server
From:       Jeff Howie <Jeff.Howie () federated ! ca>
Date:       2000-12-12 16:32:50

Hi all. Our mail setup requires us to set our 'Reply-To:' header which
points to our mail server. As you can see probably, my domain is
'federated.ca' (indicated in my 'From' header), where as our mail
server is 'mail.federated.ca' (which is itself an alias for
'devaxp.federated.ca' our development server).

My problem is that using mutt 1.2.5i & sendmail 8.9.3 is that I can
send mail to users in my domain (user@federated.ca) & outside of it
(user@yahoo.com for example), but not to the mail server
(user@mail.federated.ca). I get the error from (my local username is jeffh,
& I can send mail to 'jeffh@federated.ca'):

<==>
The original message was received at Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:27:24 -0600
from jeffh@localhost

jeffh@mail.federated.ca

... while talking to mail.federated.ca:
>>> RCPT To:<jeffh@devaxp.federated.ca>
<<< 553 Mail to <jeffh@devaxp.federated.ca> not allowed; ** Address devaxp.federated.ca is invalid! **
550 jeffh@mail.federated.ca... User unknown

[ blah blah blah...snipped]
<==>

My question is, is this a problem that I can solve within mutt, or is
this a more appropriate question for the sendmail list?

--
thks.jeff