List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: sendmail question & mutt
From:       Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal () mrinal ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2000-04-29 15:23:03

Hi,

jgh@megsinet.net typed:
> Why do you need sendmail to send the mail..You would only need to send
> the mail out with someone to listen for the mails. I have fetchmail
> pulling them down, not sendmail.

Under normal circumstances, fetchmail pulls the mail down, and then
sends it to the local sendmail daemon, unless you specify an mda
parameter, in which case it sends it to the MDA. If you check your
the sendmail daemon running on your box, which means that fetchmail
sends it through sendmail.

To send mail *out* from your box, you need something which talks SMTP
(which sendmail does).

Or maybe I didn't get your question right. ;-)

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@india.com> (PGP:B1E86F5B) http://listen.to/mrinal
- - - - = ( Redhat Linux 6.1 ) = - - - - = ( Kernel 2.2.12-20 ) = - - - -