List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Recognizing such threads, How?
From:       David DeSimone <fox () rsn ! hp ! com>
Date:       2000-04-27 22:33:20

Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> > set reply_regexp="^(((re(\\[[0-9]+\\])?|fwd):|\\[[a-z0-9-]+\\])[ \t]+)+"
>
> Thanks, but this does not fully work for me.

That is odd.

> Further more replying to your message yielded a subject line
> (corrected by hand) of "Re: Re: Recognizing such threads, How?" which
> further indicates that mutt thinks the Re: belongs to the subject.

My regexp makes use of several non-standard extensions to regular
expressions.  I was given to understand that Mutt would use its own
regexp-parsing library if it decided that the system's library wasn't
"good enough", and as such, complicated regexps like the above could be
passed around between Mutt users without having to worry about whether
the "+" character works, or the "?" character, or even the "|"
character...

Does your "mutt -v" output say "+USE_GNU_REGEX"?  If not, it's using
your system's regexp library, which may not support all the extensions
being used.  If that's the case, it would be possible to rewrite the
regexp in some cases, but it would become even uglier than it already
is.  :)

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
fox@rsn.hp.com   |  that there is no man really clever who has not