List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Minor bug/quirk in mutt IMAP handling
From:       Chris Green <cgreen () x-1 ! net>
Date:       2000-04-27 21:36:28

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 05:23:31PM -0400, Brendan Cully wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 April 2000 at 22:05, Chris Green wrote:
> > I recently installed Courier IMAP and while getting things sorted out
> > had the following message from Sam Varshavchik.
> > > Yes, that works, thanks!  Mutt actually prompts me with "{x-1.net}/"
> > > so I have to delete the "/" but still, it does at least work now.
> >
> > This is a mutt bug.  Mutt assumes that / is the folder hierarchy
> > separator, which is silly.  Folder separator hierarchy characters are
> > defined by the server, and Mutt should query the server, instead of making
> > a blanket assumption.
>
> mutt doesn't assume anything like this - it does query the server. The
> slash is unusual - you probably have your $folder set incorrectly...

OK, it may very well be me, I'll take a look.

I have:-
    set folder={x-1.net:50143}

Which, er, appears to work!  This is on a different system from the
one where I was seeing the / appearing, that's my work system, it will
have to wait until after 1st May to check that.

Sorry to have reported a non-bug!

--
Chris Green (cgreen@x-1.net)
  Home: chris@isbd.demon.co.uk		 Work: cgreen@bcs.org.uk