List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: [OT] fetchmail replacement supporting Oauth
From:       Akkana Peck <akkana () shallowsky ! com>
Date:       2022-05-04 14:49:42

lilydjwg writes:
> I've switched to OAuth because I don't want to enable 2FA (which means
> if I lost all my devices, I would lose access to my Google account).

How did you get your OAuth tokens? I tried following
https://github.com/google/gmail-oauth2-tools/wiki/OAuth2DotPyRunThrough
and
https://github.com/tenllado/dotfiles/tree/master/config/msmtp
but when I got to the step of running their oauth2.py python2 script
with --generate_oauth2_token and clicking through all the "THIS IS
DANGEROUS, ARE YOU SURE YOU TRUST THIS APP AND DON'T WANT TO
CANCEL?" screens, I always got a HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized. I
have my app defined, listed myself as a test user and added the
https://mail.google.com/ scope.

Is there another way of getting the tokens besides the python 2
script that hasn't been updated since 2018?

I know, not strictly a mutt question, but any mutt user who uses
gmail will have to deal with this before the end of the month.

        ...Akkana