List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Viewing multiple images (was Re: Console HTML view with picture)
From:       Akkana Peck <akkana () shallowsky ! com>
Date:       2021-08-02 16:00:47

Tavis Ormandy writes:
> Not exactly what was asked, but I use this mailcap to view image
> attachments:
>
> image/png; img2sixel -- %s | less -r; nametemplate=%s.png; needsterminal

Related question: is there a way to view several attachments at once?

For example, someone sends five photos of a bird they saw, or
twelve funny pictures. In the attachment view, I can tag
attachments, but it doesn't seem like more than one attachment
is ever passed to a viewer.

If they're all multipart/related, then I have a script that will
show the HTML page in a browser window. But recently a Mac user sent
me an email with a bunch of image/heif attachments which the browser
didn't handle. They worked fine in an image viewer, but it's
tedious to show lots of image attachments one after another, because
you have to wait for each image window to come up, then move focus
back to the mutt window to arrow down and open the next image. It
would be great to have a way to tag all the image attachmentss and
pass them all together as arguments to an image viewer.

        ...Akkana