List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: mutt seems laggy to resume on v.2.x
From:       tech-lists <tech-lists () zyxst ! net>
Date:       2020-11-26 16:29:27

Hi,

ktrace shows (as best I can interpret it) when mutt is "woken up"
it re-uses the connection to the imap server somehow. It's
exchanging information, not sure what. But it's a big
segment like a half page full in kdump. So maybe the answer is in
idle parameters. I'll re-do the muttrc with the newly installed
one from 2.0.2 as a template.

Doing stuff like setting fmcache to tmpfs, experimenting with
different db backends and making sure the hd doesn't sleep seem
to have no effect so I'm guessing the direct cause isn't local.
--
J.