List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: mutt saves sent email in the wrong account's sent folder
From:       "Kevin J. McCarthy" <kevin () 8t8 ! us>
Date:       2020-11-18 17:29:28

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 10:28:49AM -0500, thropemisan14 wrote:
>I have multiple accounts configured in muttrc, the first account being
>an outlook account and then 3 gmail accounts. When I send an email
>from the outlook account, the email is sometimes saved in the correct
>sent folder, i.e in the outlook account's sent folder, but other
>times, and completely randomly, the sent mail gets saved in the sent
>folder of the last account on the list. It happens completely
>randomly. When sending from the second account however (a gmail
>account) this does not happen. I checked my config extensively and did
>not see any issues. See below. Your help is much appreciated.
>
>(Thanks in advance for your help)

Don't set smtp_url inside of an account-hook.  See
<http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#account-hook>.  Account-hook's fire
even when polling mailboxes for new mail.  You should only set things
like user, password, and tunnel in them.

I don't see any fcc-hooks, or $record settings in your email for the
non-gmail mailboxes.  If the above suggestion doesn't work you'll need
to post more details to the list.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy