List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: mutt 2.0.0 released
From:       "Kevin J. McCarthy" <kevin () 8t8 ! us>
Date:       2020-11-08 1:31:00

On Sun, Nov 08, 2020 at 11:19:18AM +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>Muttlisp! Woohoo!  http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#muttlisp
>
>I've never done much with lisp, but it has always seemed the most
>_imperative_ language I've ever seen. And a great minimal yet functional
>thing to choose to embed for programmability.
>
>I also love now neatly using Lisp's bracketed syntax inserted into mutt
>lines as a clean escape into Lisp.

I was excited by the possibility too.  :-)

However, just so everyone is clear, MuttLisp is more of a syntactic
enhancement for the muttrc than a real language.  You can use it to make
some decisions, but it doesn't have functions, lambdas, loops, or its
own variables.  Of course, maybe that will expand in the future!

See the manual examples to get an idea what it can currently do.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy