List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: is sort_sidebar deprecated in mutt?
From:       Remco =?utf-8?Q?R=C4=B3nders?= <remco () webconquest ! com>
Date:       2020-10-23 14:33:08

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 02:20:20PM +0000, Globe wrote in
<mailman.15473.1603462823.40933.mutt-users@mutt.org>:
>Hi,
>
>New to mutt but I put the following in my .muttrc file, as per examples online:
>
>set sort_sidebar = desc
>
>However, when I start mutt, I get:
>
>Error in /home/gt/.muttrc, line 217: sort_sidebar: unknown variable
>
>source: errors in /home/gt/.muttrc
>
>Is sort_sidebar deprecated in mutt?

Hi Globe,

Please see http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#sidebar-sort-method for a
list of options for sorting your sidebar. It probably is a good idea
to refer to this official mutt manual in general for supported options
as some of the "how to"'s and tricks you can find on the internet
might be outdated.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Remco