List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: more general hooks to handle similar mailing lists
From:       Claus Assmann <mutt+users () esmtp ! org>
Date:       2020-10-11 17:13:00

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020, Remco Rnders wrote:

> > save-hook "~C ietf-\\([a-z0-9]+\\)@ietf.org" =%1

> I know it is not a direct answer to your question, but it might perhaps get the
> end result you want; Have you considered using procmail or a sieve filter to
> automatically save mail matching your regex to the folder you want?

I'm doing that, but the theoretical configuration command above was
just one example of what I would like to do -- something like
"parameterized" commands. Other examples would be

send-hook ietf-\([a-z0-9]+\\)@ietf.org 'my_hdr From: My Name <ml+ietf-%1@MY.DOMAIN>'
folder-hook ietf-\([a-z0-9]+\\) 'my_hdr From: My Name <ml+ietf-%1@MY.DOMAIN>'