List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Using Maildir format, changing mailbox
From:       Ben Boeckel <mathstuf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-06-05 14:43:47

On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 07:33:04 -0700, Felix Finch wrote:
> Out of curiosity, could you show your offlineimap usage?  I have a
> manually generated list of mboxes.  It doesn't change often, but it
> would be nice to do it "properly".  I looked at offlineimap some time
> ago, and again just now, and it seems to be meant to download email
> for local use -- backup, faster access, etc.  I don't have any need
> for that.

Then it's probably not of much use to you :) . The relevant part here is
that I have this block in my config:

    [mbnames]
    enabled = yes
    filename = ~/.local/share/mutt/muttrc.mailboxes
    header = "mailboxes "
    peritem = "+%(accountname)s/%(foldername)s"
    sep = " "
    footer = "\n"
    incremental = no

which writes out the list after every sync. Note that if you sync
individual accounts, only that account ends up appearing. The written
file is sourced as part of my muttrc. I don't keep mutt open all the
time, so I don't worry about "syncing" it with my running instances; one
could write a macro to re-source the file to catch up on any changes
though.

--Ben