List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Opening URLs from mutt (was: Creating HTML emails with mutt)
From:       Ben Boeckel <mathstuf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-10-29 0:28:23

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 00:10:09 +0000, Dave Woodfall wrote:
> Urlview handles long and short links just fine.  I've been using it
> for over 10 years.

One issue I have with it is that context is lost. Marketing emails today
tend to be massive strings with embedded IDs in them. Telling one from
another in urlview means I'm bouncing back and forth between it and the
message (or having 2 mutt instances to coordinate).

Other than that, I really enjoy urlview. I even have a binding in tmux
to this script:

#!/bin/sh

[ -z "$TMUX" ] && exit 1

tempfile="$( mktemp )"

tmux capture-pane
tmux save-buffer "$tempfile"
tmux delete-buffer
tmux new-window -n urlview "urlview $tempfile; rm $tempfile"