List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Ways to copy long URL conveniently
From:       Alexander Dahl <post () lespocky ! de>
Date:       2018-02-28 12:15:47

Hei hei,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:28:18AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 06:09:44PM +0800, Yubin Ruan wrote:
> > Hi, do you guys have any ways to conveniently copy a long URL which spans
> > across several lines and have + prefixes before it. Currently in the pager I
> > have to copy each part separatly in order to advoid copying the + prefix.
>
> I have the following in my ~/.muttrc:
>
> # turn off '+' in continuations, which breaks pasting urls.
> set markers=no
>
> Apparently it is in the manual, but I got it from a post on this
> list years ago.

Thanks for that. I had the same problem and I found it annoying for
years, without ever searching for a solution.

(My mutt runs on a server in a screen session, I connect through ssh.
Firefox removes newlines, if you paste a multiline URL, so now this
works for me.)

:-)
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)