List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Mutt compiled with SASL suddenly not working
From:       Russ Urquhart <russurquhart1 () verizon ! net>
Date:       2018-02-24 19:12:39

Hi Kevin,

> On Feb 24, 2018, at 12:01 PM, Kevin J. McCarthy <kevin@8t8.us> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 09:12:25AM -0600, Russ Urquhart wrote:
> > I've been using mutt for sometime now (1.5.23). Compiled with SASL it
> > has worked with out issue.
>
> Are you still using 1.5.23?  It might be worth trying the most recent
> version.  There have been a couple fixes to SASL in the 1.7 and 1.8
> releases that might (or might not) affect you.

I might, but like I said, it WAS working ok, up until a few days ago. I compiled mutt \
back then, if it compiles cleanly for those versions I might. If not I was thinking \
of using the macports of Neomutt.

> > set smtp_authenticators="external:anonymous:plain:otp:skey:digest-md5:scram:ntlm:gssapi:browserid-aes128:eap-aes128"
> >

> Is there any particular reason for this list, and the order it occurs
> in?  For example, you are listing "external" first, which is not an
> ordinary authentication mechanism.  This is followed by "anonymous",
> which doesn't seem to be a likely method you'd want to use.  "otp" also
> seems highly unlikely...
>
> If this is "always the way it's been", you might want to try commenting
> that line out and seeing if it just works.

That correct. This was always the way it was, and it was working.

I tried commenting out this value. No change, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Russ