List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Gmail undelete configuration
From:       Yubin Ruan <ablacktshirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-02-21 2:59:15

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 03:58:28PM -0800, Keith Smiley wrote:
> I realized this might actually be a side-effect of my nametrans settings
> which at some point were required in my configuration, but I'm not sure if
> they still are:
>
> https://github.com/keith/dotfiles/blob/95ba28fb8e7be24ed3bbcfebcfd8aafc2b146b3f/mutt/offlineimaphelpers.py#L37-L53
>  https://github.com/keith/dotfiles/blob/95ba28fb8e7be24ed3bbcfebcfd8aafc2b146b3f/offlineimaprc#L23
>
> --
> Keith Smiley
>
> On 02/20, Keith Smiley wrote:
> > It looks like that does fix undelete, but offlineimap doesn't move the
> > message to the trash, only the archive, when I use the default d
> > command. Do I need some other configuration to make that part work as
> > expected?

Deleted messages are not moved by offlineimap, but instead by the Gmail imap
server, that said, when you mark a message as deleted (using MUA such as
mutt), offlineimap will see what happen and send a "DELETE 30403" command to
the Gmail imap server, in which 30403 is the message id. After receiving that
command, the Gmail imap server will move that message to [Gmail]/Trash. That
is the same for archiving.

So, you can look into those folders in the Gmail web interface. If those
messages exist, then there might be some problem in your local mailbox
configuration. It could be that offlineimap doesn't/haven't pulled those
messages. I would suggest using "offlineimap -f $foldername" to pull that
particular folder and see what happen.

Yubin

--
Yubin Ruan <http://fastdrivers.org>