List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: saved or deleted?
From:       Jon LaBadie <mutter () jgcomp ! com>
Date:       2016-08-31 21:34:27

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 12:34:08PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2016-08-31 15:00, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>
> > Forget the nature of my poorly chosen subject and just
> > discuss copy vs delete.  Someone has decided that it
> > is important to display a 'D' flag whenever a message
> > is marked for deletion.  (can't you remember that you
> > deleted it? :)
> >
> > I'm saying that it would help my workflow to know if
> > a message has been copied.  Doesn't matter if it was
> > copied via the 's' command or the 'C' command.
>
> But (and I risk just repeating the point already made by others): there
> is no moral equivalence, because there is no such thing as 'marked for
> copying'.  Once copied, it's done and mutt forgets about it, much more
> thoroughly than a human can possibly do :-)

Are you saying it is impossible, or just not easily possible
with the way you are viewing it.  Mutt flags many conditions
and remembers them to varying degrees.  Examples include:
new, old, read, marked for deletion, flagged, tagged, ...

Is not one of them a possible model for a copied flag?

jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                 jon@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)