List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: [SPAM?] Re: need some help about organize message in mutt
From:       "Mark H. Wood" <mwood () IUPUI ! Edu>
Date:       2016-08-04 16:41:20

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 08:50:40PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2016-08-03 23:08 +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:
>
> > I got fed up with procmail a few years ago, but given that I run my
> > own mail server and use IMAP I switched to sieve scripts, which I've
> > found surprisingly straight forward to work with - mayby I'm just not
> > doing anything massively complicated! The one I'm working on now is
> > proving slightly more trouble though
>
> I love Sieve, and I used it for a long while.  The problem is that there
> is no standalone implementation - all of them are part of some humongous
> IMAP/POP server package.  I want to read my mail locally, so this would
> be the _only_ reason for such server package to be installed.  My sense
> of economy revolts.

Yes, Sieve looks sensible, but the only implementation I could easily
lay hands on is built into Exim.  Meanwhile, when I began to struggle
with procmail, I switched to maildrop.  I could wish for more help in
testing new filter expressions, but it mostly works the way I think.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library