List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: got mutt to compile, but won't authenticate
From:       Mick <michaelkintzios () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-08 6:45:24

On Wednesday 08 Jan 2014 03:05:12 Charles E Campbell wrote:

> Yes, there was a typo: its actually
>
>    set certificate_file=~/.mutt/certificates
>
> and the mutt with my latest configuration settings does accept it. I'm
> still getting
>
> cec/ djinni? tstmutt.verizon
> Certificate host check failed: certificate owner does not match hostname
> smtp.campbellfamily.biz
> Memory fault(coredump)

I'm guessing that this is a warning that your mutt is contacting a server
which is returning a different SSL certificate to the URL of the mail server
in your configuration.  For example, you may have configured mutt to contact
mail.verizon.net, but the server you are actually contacting (local?) is
campbellfamily.biz and this returns a different \CN= than verizon. Mutt asks
you to accept or reject the certificate, but your script does not allow for
this and it bails out.  Do you still get this problem if you try to use mutt
to connect to the same without the script and manually accept the certificate?

--
Regards,
Mick