List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Syncing settings, different folder-hooks on different machines
From:       Niels Kobschaetzki <niels () kobschaetzki ! net>
Date:       2014-01-04 21:23:13

Hi,

I sync my settings between different machines via Dropbox. I have
settings for several accounts and each in its own file. When I open a
specific inbox via a macro like
macro index <f5>
'<change-folder>imaps://account@mailserver.com/INBOX<enter>'

I use a folder-hook to source a specific account file

folder-hook 'mailserver.com' 'source ~/.mutt/account.mailserver.com'

(while .mutt is a symlink to a folder in my Dropbox)

Since those account-files are in my Dropbox-account, I don't have
passwords saved in there. But when using mutt from my personal laptop,
I'd like to source the following file:
~/.mutt_local/account.mailserver.com

because in there I have set the passwords.
Because I already have special settings for my personal laptop I have a
.muttrc on my personal laptop that sources all the appropriate files,
instead of relying solely on the muttrc in the Dropbox

It looks right now like this:
source ~/Dropbox/Dotfiles/mutt/muttrc
source ~/Dropbox/Dotfiles/mutt/sidebar
source ~/Dropbox/Dotfiles/mutt/gpg.rc
source ~/Dropbox/Dotfiles/mutt/gpg_special
auto_view text/html

I thought now that I could fit in a special file with folder-hooks that
overwrites the folder-hooks in ~/Dropbox/Dotfiles/mutt/muttrc

by adding
source ~/.mutt_local/local_folderhooks

right after sourcing ~/Dropbox/Dotfiles/mutt/muttrc

but it doesn't work. Any ideas how I could solve this?
I mean synced settings for different machines but having on one machine
separate folder-hooks for the accounts, so account-files with passwords
get sourced.

Thanks,

Niels