List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: mutt beginner
From:       Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-03-28 13:59:37

* Eduardo Figueira Ramos <henry.toss@gmail.com> [03-28-13 09:36]:
> i have just started playing with mutt. I have some questions to the
> list.
>
> I would like not to be an mutt expert, but only use itto support my
> day-to-day work.
>
> For instance, My maildir is /home/sioux/.mdir. I sent a message and a
> directory ".Sent" was created within my maildir directory.  This
> directory, ".Sent" has the same structure of a maildir, i mean: new,cur
> and tmp".
>
> So far so good. But when i hit 'c' to change my folder, only .mdir is
> shown, ".Sent" does not appear in the list.  I would really like to see
> the messages i have sent.
>
> I would like to have more folder in order so separe the messages, for
> instance: All message from mutt-users mailinglist should go to a
> specific folder (i know this is not the task of muut, but procmail) but
> how to create new folder and let mutt access them.
>
> May someone provide clarifications ?

Some reference mat'l included in the mutt package:
/usr/share/doc/packages/mutt/index.html
/usr/share/doc/packages/mutt/intro.html
/usr/share/doc/packages/mutt/manual.html
/usr/share/doc/packages/mutt/manual.txt

also the fine "man" files:
  mutt ( 1 and 5 )
  muttrc

in your ~/.muttrc "set record" points to the directory/file where copies
of your outgoing mail is stored.

also "set copy=yes" tells mutt that you *do* wish to retain copies of
outgoing mail.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member