List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD LDFLAGS=-static ?
From:       grarpamp <grarpamp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-03-05 10:39:05

>>> Why, when supplying 'LDFLAGS=-static' do these change
>>> from yes, to no?

>> I can only guess, but my guess is there's no static version of those
>> libraries to compile against.

All there seemingly as part of libidn.a.

Looks like it's configure... config.log for these checks has a bunch
of similars...
/usr/local/lib/libidn.a(striconv.o)(.text+0x73): In function `str_cd_iconv':
: undefined reference to `libiconv'

With dynamic, idn loads intl, which loads iconv.
With static, add -liconv to get the tests to work.

> Or, they haven't yet been recognized by the system via ldconfig?
> Edit /etc/ld.so.conf (or whatever) && ldconfig.

That's only for shared libs.