List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Odd keymapping after failed /aborted attempt to open POP account
From:       Christoph =?utf-8?Q?M=C3=B6bius?= <christoph.moebius () tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2012-08-27 19:14:21

I have a multi-account scenario where I use an IMAP folder as main account and
have several POP accounts for minor communication / spam box.

Assumme that opening the IMAP folder is mapped to the F2 key and opening the POP
accounts to some other F-keys.

Recently, the POP provider changed its certificates and the name in the cert no
longer matches the URL. Being slightly cautious, I abort opening the pop
account(rejecting the cert). Now, that raises several problems:

1) Pressing F2 (to get back to the main account) won't work. Mutt says that no
mailbox is opened. So I need to type the mailbox name: imaps://<accountname>

2) In my main account some key mappings are changed and show very odd behavior:
   Pressing "c ?" should give the list of all folders, but Mutt rather gives me
   an "errno = 2". However, I can open a folder when typing its name directly,
   e.g. "c =Sent".
   Pressing q should quit the index view (and also list all folders), but rather
   it a) tags the message that is currently under the cursor and b) opens the
   pager to compose a reply message. The only way I figured out so far to help
   me here is pressing <C-c> which is obviously not very desireable.

I use mutt 1.5.20-7ubuntu1.1

Best regards