List:       mutt-users
Subject:    imap_check_subscribed: cool but too slow...?
From:       "fkater () googlemail ! com" <fkater () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-05 19:44:59

Hi,

unfortunatelly I have to deal with ~3000 IMAP mailboxes at work. And
some come and go from time to time.

I would like to list them automatically, without manually setting
them up with the mailboxes command.

I played around with the settings and finally used:

set imap_check_subscribed=yes
set imap_list_subscribed=yes
set check_new=no
set imap_passive=yes

set imap_keepalive=60
set mail_check=120
set timeout=600

This lists all mailboxes (which is exactly what I wanted), however,
mutt gets so slow that I cannot use it anymore.

Note: Only thing I haven't tried yet is switching off the header
cache. I recognized that the header cache grew up to 700 MB. May
caching be the reason here?

set header_cache=~/.mutt/hcache
set message_cachedir=~/.mutt/hcache
set message_cache_clean=yes