List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: mutt and some GMail features
From:       Nicolas KOWALSKI <nicolas.kowalski () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-06 18:04:52

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 02:13:21PM -0400, Chris Brennan wrote:
> OK, so hitting 's' and then '=target folder' or is it :s='target folder'?

The first. After hitting 's', mutt will ask you the destination folder
name.

> My next question is this, if the :s= cmd is used, do I put everything in
> single or double quotes after the equal sign? Treat it as a variable
> containing a string?

No need to quote the destination folder name, mutt will take care of it.

> This link explains the basics to IMAP in gernal, for which I already know,
> what it didn't explain was how to use GMail's IMAP features from within
> mutt, which seems to be a dead-zone of information,

Maybe you should just experiment? I did, learned from that. If unsure,
you can just create another Gmail account for testing, so that you won't
do mistakes "against" important mail. Be sure to apply the same IMAP
options to both accounts, then test, test, test, and you'll be happy
with the power of mutt. :)

--
Nicolas