List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Muttprint
From:       Rem P Roberti <remegius () comcast ! net>
Date:       2009-12-18 1:41:30

On 2009.12.17 16:43:03 +0000, Rem P Roberti wrote:
> On 2009.12.17 19:31:40 +0000, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net> [12-17-09 19:20]:

> > > Well this is getting a bit more convoluted. I went and checked
> > > the dependencies list and there were indeed some that were missing. So I
> > > manually installed them. Now when I try to print I get the blue window
> > > telling me this:
> > >
> > > Line 759: Could not print with lpr -Plp
> > > No such file or directory
> > >
> > > I'm stumped
> >
> > Sounds like a lot of problems.  Why are you "manually" installing
> > packages when you have apps specifically designed to handle the
> > dependency problems you are having?
> Good question. This is a FreeBSD box and I have never had to do this
> before.
>
> > What system are you on and how are you installing?
> > What dependencies were missing?
> divipsk-tetex and open-motif. There may have been one more.
>

> > You may need to "reinstall" lp/cups (my lp* cmds are provided by
> > cups-client).
> >
> > what does "lpstat -a" yield?
> lpstat -a yields "Photosmart7760 accepting requests since Dec 11 12:21:13
> 2009"
>

> > Do you have cups installed?
> Cups is installed and working perfectly. The named printer is working
> perfectly, and was installed via CUPS.

All is well! One of the dependencies that was missing was teTeX, but I
couldn't install it either directly from the ports or via portupgrade
-rR of muttprint itself. Then I got the bright idea of using portmaster
instead of portupgrade and portmaster installed teTeX and another
dependency that muttprint needed.  Now everthing is working and the
print output looks great.

Rem