List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable && urlview(1)
From:       Gary Johnson <garyjohn () spocom ! com>
Date:       2009-10-31 19:12:53

On 2009-10-31, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm receiving mails from a bulletin board forum in form of the
> encoding 'Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable' and having URLs
> in the body as
>
> 	This thread is located at:
> 	http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47590&goto=> 	newpost
>
> i.e. the sign '=' is encoded as = and the URL is broken, should be in
> the above case:
>
> 	http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forums/showthread.php?tG590&goto=newpost
>
> Ofc, urlview(1) is unhappy and unable to offer the correct URL to send it
> to the browser. Any idea how to solve this, maybe with putting something
> in from of urlview(1) to pipe through before it goes to this....?

I use w3m instead of urlview in order to have the URLs displayed in
context, but setting pipe_decode to decode the quoted-printable text
should work as well for urlview.

macro index,pager \cB ": unset wait_key; set pipe_decode\n|w3m\n: set wait_key; unset \
pipe_decode\n" "call w3m to extract URLs out of a message"

HTH,
Gary