List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: colors
From:       Brian Salter-Duke <b_duke () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2009-06-27 22:47:24

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 06:46:12PM +0200, Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:
> Rocco Rutte wrote on 27.06.09:
>
> > * Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:
> >
> > > My Ubuntu-custom version of Mutt-1.18. uses a [...] coloring scheme
> > > Where are these default colors being defined?
>
> > I'd say it'd be really strange if neither /etc/Muttrc nor .muttrc
> > contained color statements _and_ you get colors.
>
> Sorry, I oversaw the very last line in /etc/Muttrc. It sources
> /usr/lib/mutt/source-muttrc.d which again invokes the sourcing of
> /etc/Muttrc.d/* which contains a file covering nothing but the colors. I guess
> that is ubuntu/debian style. And yes my home-built Mutt-1.20. is mono.
>
> jan

I have only recently started using the standard Ubuntu mutt as I have
only recently started using Ubuntu. So, thanks for that. I had not
realsied that Ubunta does it that way. In fact I had not looked at any
of the ssytem muttrcs. I had just updated and tuned my old ones that
have evolved over more than a decade.

Another color question - where is the default color defined? My muttrc
uses default for the background all the time and it is obviously white
as I prefer, but I do not see it defined. The Ubuntu muttrcs do not use
default, but define the background as black.

Brian.

--
"Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'No'."
                                               -- Unknown